Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars

This is another great way to get more fiber into your diet and if you are watching fat, too. These bars are delicious - the Chocolatey Peanut Butter bar is 130 Cal, 5g fat, 24 carb, but you get to subtract 9g fiber for a net carb of 15 which is pretty good for a morning or afternoon snack.

I like to rotate my fruits and this week I bought a bag of mandarin oranges. They are fabulous. My husband calls them tangerines, but I said they don't have the "tang" that's in tangerines. I guess we will have to wait until the end of the year when hopefully we have a good crop of tangerines :) and he can taste the difference. Another perk of living in California is the citrus. We have 2 grapefruit trees, a navel orange, avocado, tangerine and two lemon trees. So most of the year I have fresh fruit without having to go to the store. My mom and dad have apples, peaches, blood oranges, lemons and lots of nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans).

I also have a garden for fresh vegies. Can't wait until the tomatoes are ready to pick. I'm also growing peppers, onions, swiss chard, lettuce and lots of herbs. We have this huge rosemary bush that my hubby calls his retirement fund... have you seen the price of fresh herbs at the store? We probably could retire if we set up a stand...lol

well - back to work. have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment