Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I guess I'm a type 2...........

So, I went in for my annual exam and of course we did all the lab work. I wasn't surprised to hear that my A1C was 6.7 and my fasting BG was 157. Last year my my fasting glucose was 140. There is no history of diabetes in my family, however, I am "overweight" so I'll admit it, I was scared last year. I immediately went out and bought every book I could find on Amazon for Diabetes and started watching carbs. I was already doing about 40 minutes of exercise Monday through Friday. Twenty minutes on the treadmill and twenty on a stationary bicycle, so I just added some aerobics to that. After a couple of months my results were good my fasting BG was 112. My doctor said everything was fine. So I continued for a while on the low carb and exercise but, of course, since my lab work was fine, I started to drift back to my old eating habits and so, as I said, I'm not surprised to find myself with high blood sugar again.

Fortunately, I still have all the books and information at my "fingertips" lol. I'm back to watching those carbs and after 1 week, I've lost 4 pounds and my weekly average reading is 120, which is right on target.

Last year when I was being good, we purchased the WII gaming system and I started using WII-Fit. Love it, love it, love it! It's like having your own personal trainer. If I had only kept it up, I might have avoided my current situation. For Christmas last year I bought the new Wii-Fit Plus, however, I had never even opened the package until last week. WiiFit Plus is terrific. There are a lot of additional features and new exercises and games. This is really a great way to add some fun to your exercise and keep track of your progress. It's great for the family and if you're like me you can put a password on your information so no one can see your info like your weight...which my husband of 25 years still doesn't know ;)

Well, I'm off to breakfast now, Special K with berries and Lite Soy milk and back to work.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment