Wednesday, April 28, 2010

CK is King

A few years ago I came across a website called Calorie King http://calorieking.com and purchased their software "Nutrition and Exercise manager" which I love. You can download a free trial of the software if you are interested. I get no endorsement $'s, I'm just a fan. I've had subscriptions to Weight Watchers on line (on and off again over the years) and that worked for tracking points, however, if you want to track everything...Calories, Carbs, Fat, Sugar, Protein, Fiber, Calcium, Sat Fat, Sodium, etc., Calorie King is a great choice. They have a membership for $12 a month or a special going on right now where you can get 12 months for the price of 6. You can try the on-line program for 7 days free.

CK also has all kinds of on-line tools and resources for members, even your own blog, community forums and most of all education on everything about nutrition. I believe there is a Windows Mobile version, too. I have a Palm Treo so I also purchased the Palm version so I can sync it up with my laptop.

There is a huge on-line database for most popular restaurant chains and it keeps growing and you can download that frequently to your laptop if you use the software version and you can sync it up with your phone. Between my laptop and my phone I can stay up to date with tracking my intake and carb count. Since I'm also trying to lose weight, I can watch my fat and calorie, too.

whether you use the on-line diary or you purchase the software CK really can help you stay on target. They will recommend daily targets or you can adjust them yourself based on what your doctor recommends. You will set a weekly check-in and CK will send you a reminder to your e-mail each week. For the check-in you can track not only your weight, but your measurements and you can make a journal entry. I'm using the journal to log my BS readings, too. BTW - yippee! my BS this morning was 118. It is steadily going down each day so watching my carbs and getting more exercise in is really making a difference!

Ok - so gotta run and get back to work have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment